Friday, July 30, 2010

Daughter vs. Mother Advice?

I have honestly had enough of all the drama that each day brings and I am desperate for a solution. So please, send me anything you have in mind. Here's the problem . . .





My mother makes me feel horrible about myself on a regular basis, I just feel worthless all the time. She is always comparing me to my younger brother who just happens to be good at everything, the rest of my family calls him the ';golden child';. Nothing I do is ever good enough. I am also treated like the adult all the time, while my mother acts like the teenage daughter. She goes out with her friends all the time and partying while I am home babysitting, I am seventeen and have been treated much older my whole life, I should be the one having a good time and enjoying my teenage life. It has come to the point where I don't get invited out anymore because my friends know I am babysitting. Also my mother and her best friend fight a lot, and my mother can function without her. When they do fight, it gets taken out on me. Everything I do is a problem and I get punished, its ridiculous. My farther tries to fix the situation but it just makes it worse, then my mother starts a fight with him as well. I try to talk to her about it, but she calls me selfish and says I am doing it for attention, I just wish she would treat me the way she does my brother, he always gets everything. If we are both sick at the same time, he comes first, he gets brought to the doctor and gets medicine, and I am just faking to stay home from school. Its not that I hate my brother, cause I don't, I love him. I just hate being his sister, being compared to him all the time. I really wish there was something I could do to fix this. So please, help.Daughter vs. Mother Advice?
i don't think its fair that your mom never lets you go out. You should try to look at the possitives: there should be one or two more years of high school left...i say you hold out until graduation. Then you get to go to college and be yourself. You are almost an adult so i dont no how harsh your mom is but learning to have a lot of resposibilities will only make you more successful in life.


have you tried babysitting and hanging out with your friends at the same time?


sorry, i don't know if this helped much but if you still need advice, try talking to a close relative, teacher or another reliable adult. good luck:)Daughter vs. Mother Advice?
you should be grateful to have a mom. My mom died of cancer two years ago ,I miss her so much.I wish you and your mom the best of luck.Try to be a good daughter.Appreciate and honor your mom,and thank god you have her in your life.
Wow, this is a tough one. I admire you for understanding that your mother is still acting like a teenager. You've got a really good handle on it. It's too bad your poor father doesn't know how to handle her. There's really nothing that I can think of that you can do to fix her. She's been like this her whole life, always getting her way with everyone. And, smart, intelligent you comes along and challenges her behavior, which she doesn't like one bit.





The thing is your mother doesn't like herself, which is why she behaves the way she does. She uses your brother (believe it or not) as a mirror into which she gazes and admires herself. Now granted, your brother (believe it or not) is not perfect, but she's chosen him as the perfect child, because looking at you (her female self) reminds her too much of herself, at your age. In other words, you're too close for comfort because of your gender, in relation to her.





Believe it or not, your brother will have problems later on, because he might expect other females to treat him as if he were perfect, which he is not.





The best you can do, not withstanding professional help, is to accept that this is the way she is, an unhappy, spoiled brat. And she doesn't know how to change her behavior, unless she gets a wake-up call from someone down the line. I would, if I were you, make plans to leave home as soon as possible. If you are at least 18 years of age, you can do so, and not be obligated to babysit.





When you leave home, you can then enjoy your life, and leave your mother to stew in hers, along with your dad and brother. If they're smart, they'll get out too.
i really feel for your situation, it sounds like you haven't had much of a mother growing up but on the bright side, it seems like it has made you a better, more mature person. my advise, take what you have learned and use it as motivation to get out. at seventeen your life is just starting, work as much as possible to save your money, going away to school might be a good option to consider too.


everything might be hard now, but you'll thank yourself later for all of your hard work.





the best advise i have ever gotten was from my father,it was something like, ';you can't try to protect your parents forever, they have to work through their own problems. at some point you just have to start your own life and be happy and the rest will take care of its self.';

No comments:

Post a Comment