Friday, November 25, 2011

17 year old mother seeking advice.?

Please Read:





Okay so heres my situtation, I am 16 years old living in texas with my father. I have a one month old daughter.


I have only been living with my father for about 3 weeks. I was previously living with my baby's father and his parents in a different town because i ran away from my dads house when i was 4 1/2 months pregnant because i was sleeping in a closet and sharing a room with my sister and my dad and my grandmother in an assisted living that my grandma owned in her home. I had not seen a doctor for the whole time i was pregnant except for one time i had to because i stayed a week in the hospital with a kidney infection. I was also not in school and my dad would not enroll me in school because he wanted to homeschool me but he never got materials because he couldn't afford it. So i took it upon myself to leave because I wanted my baby to live and i didn't think she would under the circumstances, i had a big chance of miscarrying.


So anyway, I left and moved in with my baby's father and his parents for the remainder of the pregnancy where i got a job, enrolled in an online school, got WIC, and recieved food stamps, OH and saw a doctor for the first time and got on insurance. Then once the child was born my father was there for the birth along with my whole family. We had all agreed that I would stay there with the father and his parents after the birth as well because that was where i nested and i wanted to be there.


But then on the day we got discharged from teh hospital my dad said i was coming with him and there was nothing i could do about it. I cried and tried to get him to compromise with me but he wouldn't. he said i was living in sin and i needed to repent. He also told me I could not see or talk to my daughters father until I was 18 years old. He then proceeded to pack all my things up at the house i was staying at and took it all back to the town i previously lived in with him. But now he had a room for me %26amp; my baby to share. He took everything there before i could even blink. i was still in the hospital because my baby ended up having jaundice. So we had no clothes or toiletries or anything while we had to stay for a few more days with her. Then finally she got discharged and my dad got a CPS case against me because I was on ';flight risk'; ( because i had run away previously) and the cps people told me if i ran away again then my baby would be taken from me. So here I am living with my dad and my baby and my sister. I have my own room but I hate living here and i hate living like this. My daughter has not been able to see her father except a few times he drove here on the weekend and i said i was going to a friends house and he met up with us to give me money to help with her and to see her. Other than that we have not been able to communicate openly or have visitation.


My question is, when I turn 17, can I move out legally? I have heard mixed answers on that and I'm just wondering if someone could give me the law. My dad said I could leave when I'm 17 if thats my choice because he also believes its legal for me to leave and the police cannot make me return home. But I heard my dad talking and he said that if i left when i was 17 that I would get my baby taken away from me and he could then get custody of her because that would show I am an unfit mother.


I would be leaving and moving in with my boyfriends parents again and my boyfriend. and then I wanted to petition the court for marriage so that he and i could get married. we have been engaged for over a year now. He is 19, works for baylor hospital making 10.50 an hour. full time. and he goes to school full time. I am going to get my GED soon.


So can someone tell me if i can leave when I'm 17 with my child? or will someone take her from me because i would be ';running away';.


also does anyone have any advice for me on what i should do or could do?


emancipation?


petition for marriage now while still living in my dads home?








thank you for taking the time to read this if you did.


please reply soon.17 year old mother seeking advice.?
I learned about this type of situation lat year in a law class i took. Since you are 17 and have a baby the courts will most likely treat you as an adult, however you can become and emancipated minor. This means that you are ';of legal age'; and no longer need to abide by your parents. In order to become an emancipated minor you need to go in front of judge and give her a GOOD reason of why you want to be emancipated. Then you need to prove to the judge that you will be able to provide for your self and ESPECIALLY your child.(place to live, clothing, food, education, time, love, safety) If you can provide these needs for your and your child then the judge will most likely emancipate you.





It may help your case to have your sons dads parents tell the judge that you can live with them and have your bf show proof of his job and his college. Just to back your self up further. Try to avoid complaining about home to much. You don't want to act to much like a teenager. You need to act mature and show confidence in everything you say to the judge.





Hope I helped you. Feel free to email me if you have questions.17 year old mother seeking advice.?
The legal definition of an adult involves becoming 18, not 17, so I do not see how 17 will change anything. In most states you can petition for emancipation once you are 16. I am quite surprised that your Human Services Department (or whatever it is called in your state) has not already contacted you due to your age. You might want to consider calling them, as they don't just take away children, but also offer support and services for young mothers.
WELL IF YOU TAKE A FROZEN LAMB LEG KILL HIM WITH IT THEN PUT LAMB LEG IN OVEN AND SAY THAT HE WAS MURDERED TELL POLICE TO EAT SOME DINNER AND FEED THEM THE LAMB LEG MURDER WEAPON GONE! YOU WIN!





cant get emancipated w.o parents concent! or court order! Contact social services to get you out of the house and no they will not put you with your BF parents they will most likely put you with a grandparent unless you get emancipated





SO BABY AT 16? PREGO at 15 I PRESUME? THAT IS NASTY A LITTLE KID HAVING ANOTHER LITTLE KID?
There are other things besdies the law that you can look to. Project Oz is one of them they help young mothers have everything they and there baby need to live on there own they help you get food and even pay rent for you to live in an apartment they set you up very well for getting emancipated. Your liveing conditions dont seem stable enough for you and your baby. Also another option is calling 911 and just tell them you and your baby want to be placed into another home. But call project oz first and if you dont have one in your area they will help you find a program similar to it in your area.





1-(309) 827-0377
I might have missed it, but there's no way I'm reading through that again....





The state/country you live in is very important here.











I can tell you right now that lies will not help your situation.


You can go through the court so they decide on visitation for the father.


%26amp; Batsu is right....there are a ton of organizations there to help you.....talk to them, it will only benifit you.








I'm glad you're still trying to get your GED....I just wish for your sake, and those paying for you and your child to live, that you would have avoided this situation from the start.





Good luck with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment