Friday, November 25, 2011

Need advice....mother pissed at me!?

I told my mother a few months back that I didnt want her in the delivery room when i delivered. Reason being, its not fair to let her in and not the mother in law whom i told couldnt be in there either. Also i would rather not add distractions and there will be me my husband and the docs in there and thats enough. so the other day when i told her i was being induced she goes '; good i can be at the hospital with you ';. I reminded her that i said i didnt want anyone in there when im delivering. If i get induced she wont wanna leave the room when its time to deliver the baby. I understand shes just trying to be supportive but she should respect my wishes. Now shes all pissed off at me. am i wrong for not wanting her in there?Need advice....mother pissed at me!?
it's up to you.Need advice....mother pissed at me!?
I do not feel that I am an ignorant idiot but I do want to say that I apologize. I should have been more respectful. This was a serious question and after reading my reply over, I realized that it was rude of me to respond in that manner, for I too would not care for a comment such as the one I made earlier. It is your decision as to who you want to be in the hospital room with you. ';Jeans'; decision about having the mothers wait outside is the best idea I think. Once again I do apologize.
i really dont think its wrong i mean your the one going through with the pregnancy, of course your mom will be mad at you , you made her skip her granddaughters birthing but you should try telling her again all the reasons why you didnt want her to be there and hopefully she wil understand i really hoped i helped :)
no it wouldnt b fair 2 ur mother in law and im sure wen she sees the baby all is 4given
its your choice and ur mother should be okay with ur choice as it is ur wish
the decision of whom you have in the delivery room is yours and yours alone.


sit your mother down and talk to her, explain what you are feeling and why you are feeling that way.


maybe if you would allow both your mother and mother-in-law to be just outside the room at the time of the delivery, so they both can see the baby very soon after delivery. this might be a possible solution to your dilemma.





when my youngest daughter went into labor she allowed me to be in the room with her. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. to watch my child give birth to a child. what could be more beautiful and fulfilling for a mother.
No you're not wrong at all. This is your time and your mum needs to respect that. She is probably afraid of letting you go as she has nursed you through every illness you have ever had, (not that giving birth is an illness) You need to stay firm on your feelings over this as it could lead to Mum getting too involved when the baby is born. You are all grown up and mum needs to realize this even if it does hurt her, she will get over it but you need to make a stand now. You have done nothing to be sorry for. Let her know that you do need her just not in the delivery room. Be strong x.
While ive never been in ur situation, i can completely understand where your coming from. Just try and sit her down and talk to her. Explain to her that it is a very special and private moment you want to share with just your husband and hope that she understands. Also explain to her again that you cant have her in there coz of your mother in law too and you dont want so many people in there and if you tell her to stay your mother in law will too and then itll be too much for you to handle.


Im sure she's just emotional and just wants to be a part of your happiness and if you just talk things out im sure she'd understand. And also tell her that she'll be seeing the baby literally 10 mins later anyways so she wont be missing too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment