Friday, November 25, 2011

Got any crazy mother-in-law parenting advice or stories?

Old country advice from my MIL when I had my first baby:





Don't take the bottle out of his mouth so fast, you'll rip his tongue out.


You are holding him wrong, you'll break his back.


He should always have socks on, even on the hottest days.





What's the craziest MIL advice you've received????Got any crazy mother-in-law parenting advice or stories?
My MIL (well, daughter's father's mom - we weren't married) said a bunch of things.


-If you don't eat what you crave, your baby will look like that food.


-Don't give the baby a bath right after she eats or her intestines will twist and she will die.


-Don't scratch your stomach when pregnant, that's what gives you stretch marks.


-Don't pull out the bottle too fast, and you have to pull it out from the side of the mouth, not straight out, or the baby will choke.


-Don't make fun of anyone while pregnant or your baby will look or act like that person.





I'm sure there was a bunch more but these are the ones I can remember. :)Got any crazy mother-in-law parenting advice or stories?
Yeah thank god mine couldn't speak english heheheh so my bf (now ex) had to translate.

Report Abuse



I didn;t know you COULD breastfeed while pregnant!! duh???
some MIL have some great advice. unless your born into a latin family and they only go by what they went through with pregnancy and old wives tales. my husband and I are expecting our first child in october and between his mom and mine ive heard so many things i dont know what to believe anymore. they both told me well you have a low belly and you have a clear face with no pimples so that means your having a girl, and hey turns out im having a girl! lol
';Don't stand him up in your lap like that - it will make him bow-legged.';
Mother in laws are nuts I really never got advice from mine because she didn't even raise her own kids.
Right before I had my little girl, my MIL would say that it was a boy, cause I had alot of acid reflex, and that it would be hairy, cause I ate ALOT of fruit





Turns out, I had a girl, and she had some hair...Anyway, MIL's and Old Wise Tales...lol....





Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment