Friday, November 25, 2011

Need advice, mother is giving me greif about getting a termination?

I told my mom yesterday that I was getting a termination looking for her support and love, and instead she responded angrily and hurt me badly. I've had two previous terminations and the first one (eleven years ago) she was completely supportive and even encouraged my decision. The second one she was supportive but rolling her eyes at me. This time she turned around and acted as if I wasn't taking responsibility for myself. Not taking responsibility would be IGNORING the problem. This time is no different, I used protection all three times. I am so distressed and hormonal right now I can't eat or sleep. Should I approach my mom again and what do I say? I don't feel comfortable telling friends or my boyfriend and my dad is dead. My mom hates people who throw pity parties.Need advice, mother is giving me greif about getting a termination?
you ';don't feel comfortable telling,,,,my boyfriend';?? - you shouldn't be having sex with someone you don't feel comfortable talking to..... end of story.Need advice, mother is giving me greif about getting a termination?
IF I AM READING YOUR QUESTION RIGHT U HAVE HAD ABORTION 2 TIMES PREVIOUSLY AND NOW U ARE HAVING ANOTHER ONE.... WHAT IS WRONG WITH U, HAVE YOUR SELF FIXED IF U ARE GOING TO KEEP KILLING YOUR INNOCENT BABIES, THAT IS MURDER IN MY BOOK AND I WOULDNT SUPPORT U EITHER... DID U KNOW IT WILL COME A TIME U WILL WANT KIDS AND BECAUSE U HAVE USED ABORTION AS BIRTH CONTROL U WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE A HEALTHY PREGNANCY BECAUSE OF ALL THAT THEY DO WHEN DOING THE ABORTION, I DONT SUPPORT YOUR DECISION EITHER IT IS MURDER AS THE FETUS HAS A HEARTBEAT 2 WEEKS INTO A PREGNANCY AND THEY CAN FEEL AND HEAR PAIN TOO... CALL IT A TERMINATION IF U WANT BUT THIS ISNT A JOB THIS IS A HUMAN LIFE, ONE U CREATED AND YOUR BOYFRIEND HAS PLENTY TO SAY IN THIS DECISION... SO GET REAL AND DECIDE WITH HIM WHAT THE BEST DECISION IS AND THEN GET YOUR TUBES TIED OR HAVE A HYSTERECTOMY BUT QUIT GETTING PREGNANT AND THEN KILLING IT...
Your mom doesn't believe you're using protection when you have sex. Actually, there are so many ways to protect yourself that it does kind of challenge the assertion that you are. She thought the first termination was a terrible accident and you needed the support. The second, she could imagine you were just very unlucky. But I share her skepticism that this could be an accident. Let's see, I'm guessing that you think a condom is protection - it is, but if you use a condom, you need to also use contraceptive foam or jelly and even then, you should know whether it is close to the time you might be ovulating.


I'm against abortion myself but I can understand this is your decision since the law gave it to you. It's never easy, is it? It is worth a pity party at least. It's not like having a mole removed.


What you need is the advice of a good gynecologist and you need to be extremely careful when you have sex. Not because you are particularly fertile; you are ovulating just like all women ovulate. But because you aren't being ultra-careful now despite knowing what the consequences of sex are. That is exactly why your mother is feeling fed-up with you.


You don't even feel like telling this boyfriend. She's probably aware that in each of these cases, the chances of a good relationship with the guy were pretty slim. She doesn't encourage you to keep the baby and marry the father, does she? She's got that feeling about how things go in your life. And so do you - that's what's really depressing.


Don't make a baby or an abortion the test of maturity. Make better choices in men and the way your use your body with them. And take the advice of the doctor seriously when he explains contraception. No doubt, if you are having quick sex with a guy, it's not romantic or pretty to pull out some contraceptive foam. But look what is happening to your body. This is the third child you'll be aborting. The consequences are serious.
I think your mother doesn't think you're using protection. I also wonder about what you're doing wrong here that you've had so many unplanned/unwanted pregnancies. If you're just using condoms, you should know they're not that effective and you should be using something like 'the pill' or a IUD, since these methods are much more reliable. If you were on 'the pill' did you know that antibiotics can make 'the pill' ineffective or that missing even one pill reduces your protection? Something isn't right here. Your mom is just upset that you have to go through this so many times and it's something that could be prevented.





Personally, when I had a termination, I didn't tell my mother because I knew how she would react and didn't feel it was any of her business to get so upset about. I think you should give it some time and ask your doctor about a more reliable form of contraceptive. I'm really sorry I'm doubting you, but three times? Hmm, just doesn't make sense. That's what your mom is thinking about too.





It could also be that your mother really wants grandchildren and is worried that you're never going to give her any. Of course, it's your body and your life and you don't need to give her grandchildren, but now that she is older, she may be wishing she had grandchildren, especially if her friends have grandchildren themselves.





Good luck!
I am pro choice...but in this case I think you should reconsider...once is a mistake twice is carelessness and three times is stupid. if you are not really young then you ought to consider having the child.
it is your body you do what feels right for you but if you keep getting pregnant and having them terminated one day then you really want to have a baby you may find out that you cant because all them terminations have done you some damage
I admire your mom for being there for you the first two times. Why are you having a pity party--you are the one who chose to have unprotected sex yet again. Three babies terminated because you are irresponsible. You do not deserve encouragement, you deserve to be held accountable for your actions. Abortion should not be used as birth control. Grow up and be responsible and stop whining about a problem you created. This is not your mother's problem and she has no obligation to help you solve it. Perhap's if you have to shoulder this yourself, you will think twice the next time you decide to roll in the sheets unprotected.
If you don't want a baby, don't have sex. There must be something you keep doing thats wrong.
After making your decition, if you dont want kids, then get a permenat form of birht control. Like getting your tubes tied. You dont have to ignore a problem in order to not take responsibility for it. In this day and age many women wont take responisibility for their actions because they know all they have to do is get an abortion. Not saying thats you, but thats what your mom could be thinking. Condoms are the least effective form of protection, outside of none at all. Maybe you should use regular birth control if you dont want to get your tubes tied.
Is termination your hobby?.. I think your mom is so concerned about your health and you've like already killed 2 of her to be grandchildren.. Please reconsider.. How old are you anyway? You should tell you're boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment