Saturday, August 21, 2010

Advice for a mother expecting twins?

I'm 31 weeks pregnant with twins (we are so excited!!) I am a mother of a 7 year old daughter from a previous marriage. I need some advice from other mom's either with twins or multiple kids. How do you get things done (laundry, house cleaning, grocery shopping ETC) Also how do you handle waking up double time at night? Any advice would be great thanks!!Advice for a mother expecting twins?
I have 3 kids. 2 year old boy/girl twins and an 8 month old boy. I always wait until they are napping, playing or eating to get stuff done. Like I will try to get my breakfast first then I will feed my kids and while they are eating I will take a shower or do one load of laundry or dishes. Also with twins as babies, always change the diaper of one and feed him. Then after the first one is done eating put him down to nap or play and change and feed the second baby, even if the second baby is still sleeping. I know you won't want to wake the second baby, but trust me it makes the job easier to have both kids fed and changed in one hour or less and not lose more sleep because you didn't wake the second baby. Also I don't do grocery shopping alone with the kids. My husband always comes with me or stays at home with the kids while I go shopping or he will go shopping while I stay with the kids. Oh and no matter what, always always bring a diaperbag properly packed for all 3 kids no matter if you're gonna be gone for 20 mins or 2 hrs.Advice for a mother expecting twins?
have lots of patience- i personally dont have twins but both of my best friends do- and here is some advice- when one wakes up to eat, feed the other while you are still awake so you dont have to get up every hour feeding just one- loosen up on the household chores- when ppl offer to help say yes! have them come and fold laundry or unload the dishwasher- it seems weird but you will be so thankful!
my mom had 2 sets :p lol


she got help from family with some chores, including me *huge sigh lol*


as for the night feedings, try to get them on the same eat/sleep schedule...


if one of the little ones woke up hungry, mom would wake the other one and feed at same time
I guess the most key thing is routine, you want to try and get your twins eating and sleeping together so you have nice breaks, well that's what my sister is planning to do, though she's not even 20 weeks yet but pregnant with twinss!!
Watch old episodes of Jon and Kate plus eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment