Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Advice: Mother of a child that just got diagnosed with cancer need advice on how to raise a child with cancer?

She's 15 and they diagnosed her with a very bad form of liver cancer and said the odds do not look good if they do not start aggressive treatment. Tomorrow they are shipping us out to a children hospital 3 hours away, Her dad is a cournal in the air force and is flying back right away in two days. He it torn to pieces as well as I am too. I need advice on how to act around my daughter with cancer and help her not be so scared but it's hard because I am terrified. She is very popular and social and always is out and I don't know how she will handle being in the hospiital because they said she will be in there for awhile. So how do I help her out and tell her this is best for her and that she is going to be ok. I'm so upset. I need advice on how to raise a teenager with cancer.Advice: Mother of a child that just got diagnosed with cancer need advice on how to raise a child with cancer?
That's a bit harsh Molly,at least attempt compassion.........Back to the question..This really isn't the place to find the answer you need,please try calling the Samaritans 08457 90 90 90..I wish you well...............Advice: Mother of a child that just got diagnosed with cancer need advice on how to raise a child with cancer?
Having been through my mother and brother dying of cancer I know you must be hurting alot.All you can do is to love her and pray for her. I am supposing that you are Christians like me. Just keep your faith up and try not to act too scared around her as she will feel your fear. You have my prayers and make sure to keep your faith no matter what.
Act positive around her. Try to make her forget about it. If the odds are not good, then try to help her live her life to the fullest. Give her a lot of attention, and ask her friends if they want to visit her in the hospital. If you act or seem depressed around her, it will maker her depressed to.
I feel like you are a troll. First you would say stage 2, 3 or 4, not ';very bad'; also it is Colonel, if it were your husband you would know how to spell it. Also if your child was diagnosed with Cancer, you would not be on yahoo, you would be with her.
First off I am so Sorry. That is horrible. But tell her not to give up hope. There is support groups for this. Counseling is also an option. But the best thing I can advise you is to pray. The Lord works wonders. Just pray and miracles can happen. I wish you the best of luck.


~ Emily ~
FIRST of all be honest with her about every thing. And let her no you and her father are going to be with her and help her through all of the things she will have to go through. It is ok to tell her your are terrified and her to tell you she is. Her friends will support her all the way to and so will many more people. Just give her your love and understand when the hard times come. But I think you will be surprise


at how will she will be able to handle it. She seem to be that kind of young lady. Who will be more worried about you and her day. God bless you all. I hope she will recover from this.
just act positive around her. Because if you show sadness it will make her sad. When you are happy you will feel stronger and braver. Just act strong.
Wow. I am so sorry for all of this. I really don't know how to raise any child (only 13) If I were you have you friends visit all the time. And make sure she can keep in touch with them like, cell, and this is a wonderful time to buy a laptop! hmmm I guess make sure you treat her the same cause I know if I had cancer I wouldn't want all this pity... although buy her a laptop... laptops are good.


Hope all does well,


A friend of mine found out she had a tumor... well she is fine now... so there is hope! God bless you....
My best friends mom was diagnosed with breast cancer last october. Things looked rough but she's really making progress. You know how on the news you always hear those ';amazing stories';? You HAVE to beleive that your daughter WILL be one of those stories. I pray for my friends mom every night, and shes getting better! I know things are rought but you have to beleive she'll pull through. Tell her you beleive in her, and over all, treat her like you would without the cancer. She may be a little moody at times but she cant help that. its just the meds talking. Tell her everything will be alright. You have one more person rooting for her- me. id love it if you'd keep me posted on her health. I know you dont know me and it might be too personal for you to share, i understand.





You rock, keep rockin! %26lt;3 %26lt;3 %26lt;3 %26lt;3
first of all what a sad situation and i am so sorry to hear it and i do wish we could wave a magic wand and make it disappear.


i think that the very best thing to do is to continue on with life as normal as you possibly can. if all of a sudden you start giving her everything she will be more frightened because she'll get the impression that you don't have much hope.


if you continue on with life as usual then she may feel a little more confident and secure and sweetie that is what you want her to feel - strong and confident that this can be beaten!


of course there are going to be times when she sees you crying, or afraid, and i think its important that you share those moments with her. let her know that it is perfectly natural to be afraid and that both of you can share not only the fear but courage, faith and humour as well.


and if you ever need to just talk to someone, to share your private fear and thoughts with - i'm here - just send me a message - sometimes its easier to e-chat with a stranger than to let your loved ones know how scared you really are.


good luck to you and god bless..............

No comments:

Post a Comment