Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any advice for a first time mother having twins?

I have no kids but I'm having a boy and a girl, and my husband died in a car crash recently. Any advice? We planned it out, ill take care of the kids during the day when he's at work, and he will take care of them at night when I'm at work. But now...yea...





Any advice?Any advice for a first time mother having twins?
I'm sorry to hear about your husband...Congrads on having twins, it's awesome!! I have boy/girl twins also, they will be 4 this year. My best advice would probably be what most people tell you, sleep when they sleep.. feed them at the same time, if one wakes up wake the other one up.. I was a single mom when I had mine, luckily I had family there to help me also....





Definatley check out the MOM's group in your area (Moms of Multiples).. They are a great support group.. They also do playdates, and bring meals to you if you need it, they're amazing!





Babies R Us offers a discount when buying like carseats, cribs, and things like that... Well, that's all I can think of right now, good luck with your bundles of joy!!Any advice for a first time mother having twins?
First off sorry to hear about your husband! Congrats on u'r soon new arrivials.





That all the help that is offered to you!!!! I find it's hard for me to get a set schudle. One is awake while the other slept. Now that my boys are getting older I can feed them cereal %26amp; vegetables at the same time. I admit it is hard, sometimes very frustrating. People always ask, ';Are you ready?'; You'll be as ready as you'll every be. If BOTH are sleeping catch the wink even an hour is good.





Good Luck %26amp; CONGRATS again from one twin mommy to another


Ps...


Even at 7 months it's still hard! One is teething, the other is rolling from one side of the livingroom to the other (even under the rocking chair) Like that person above said, ';it will get better'; yes in time LoL I heard that the first yr is the hardest. Keep a smile on your face, step away if you need too (making sure the babies are safe). Alot of the questions on here I find are very helpful and doing alot of google searching.
im really sorry to hear that. Do you have any other family in the area? If you are having twins it may be a little difficult at first, you need to get into a good routine. I would try to keep it in the family though, when you have to work have a family member watch the baby, it could help out a lot financially as well. for the first 3 weeks you'll feel terrible, its very diffucly in the beginning, but after the first month you get the hang of it. I hope everything works out. congrats on the twins!
I am so sorry to here that. I never had twins but I know that any help that family or friends will help let them. Also coming from a mom of 1 and one on the way I would set a time for you. You do need time away from your little ones just so u do not go nuts!!! But as far as working goes I would see if a family member or someone that you know could come and help you out for a while, believe me it helps. Good Luck!!! Congradulations
Ask your mother, your husband's mother, or another family member to help you out. I'm sure they will be glad to help you-Your mother raised you, right, and you turned out okay, right?





Sorry about your husband, by the way...
im so sorry while Family is the clue cause you'll going to need help but if not try looking for support groups where you can talk to other moms you'll going to need some women time and organize thats about it i hope you the best you'll find a way
Sorry to hear about your husband.Get all the sleep you can.If you have any in laws or family and friends that want to help,take it.You will need all the help you can get it.Good Luck and God bless.
You need to talk to your family members! You are going to need alot of help! Start looking into goverment funded daycare if you cant afford it.
I don't have any advice but i'm really sorry about your husband!


Good luck and God bless the babies and you.
Your dead husband is going to watch the kids while your at work? wow.... I think if thats the case, you should be giving advice, not asking for it....

No comments:

Post a Comment