Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Missing mother...need advice?

2 years ago my mother finally divorced my dad after 35 years of abuse. He still bothers her and she had to get a restraining order. About 4 weeks ago I couldn't get an answer when I called and a few day later we recieved a short note telling us she was going on vacation with a friend. After 2 weeks I contacted my 5 siblings and uncles (she lives next door to her brothers) to find out what they knew. Nobody knows where she is or who she is with. 2 weeks ago she left a message on my machine saying she was having a good time but she wouldn't tell us where she is or who she is with. My mother is a person that calls her children all the time and has pets that she hates to leave. We have checked and my dad is still in town. Today my brother called and said that my uncles want us to file a missing person report. We all live in different states and this makes communicating difficult. Should we wait awhile and hope she shows up somewhere or should we go to the police?Missing mother...need advice?
I would go to the police. You have nothing to lose by doing that. It is very cruel and neglectful of her if she is just enjoying herself somewhere and won't tell anyone where she is. I hope she turns up very soon.Missing mother...need advice?
I hope she comes back soon.

Report Abuse



If you are In Australia what you are saying is scary. Your father may be holding her against her will. He may have also made her phone you. Call the police it will help. The police will make further enquires and they will talk to your father. Also when you hear from your mother again tell her you have spoken and filed a missing person report. She may then tell you where she is. Also advise the phone company they may be able to keep a record of incoming calls and where they have originated from.
Is one of her brothers getting her mail? Can he see where credit card charges are coming from?...or ATM withdrawal fees?


I'd try to file the missing person's report.
THAT'S SCARY. I think you should file a report.
since she is so close to you and usually has more contact with you, I would be real worried.File the report, but your uncles should too because they live next to her.Who is taking care of the animals?Someone is or somethings up.
File a mission persons report. Do it now.





If it were my mom, I would get a private investigator on the case ASAP.
That is a really tough one... I'd be tempted to file the missing person report. It's a lot better to have filed the report and then find out that nothing's wrong and she's back home than (god forbid) the alternative. I'd check with some of her friends, people she works with... Have any of them had contact with her? I'd even possibly call police in her home town for advise-- maybe not to file report officially, but just to let them know about the situation at least.... Good luck to you and your family!
i think id do the same in your position....if it sounds fishy its probably because it is


i hope you find your mom safe and sound
If I were you I would contact the police.

No comments:

Post a Comment