Saturday, August 21, 2010

My mother has cancer in pancreas that extensivly mats to liver, doctor advice me to keep my mother in ICU?

but i got discharged my mohter from hospital coz me and my family want to take care of her at home and keep her infront of our eyes ..did i do rite of wrong... (what should i do?)My mother has cancer in pancreas that extensivly mats to liver, doctor advice me to keep my mother in ICU?
I think you did the right thing, I brought my mother home after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer...I wanted her home and she wanted to be home.. Hospice came in every other day or so..it was just 2 weeks though, sent her back to the hospital because she was in such pain.. she died that night..but I don't regret that decision, she wanted to be home and we wanted her home! I think you did the right thing as well dear!My mother has cancer in pancreas that extensivly mats to liver, doctor advice me to keep my mother in ICU?
First, I am so sorry. If you want her at home and plan to keep her there you need to get Hospice involved. It is not going to be easy as she starts to decline. Hospice will manage her pain, keep her comfortable and provide emotional support for your mom and family. There are alot of details that you did not give and I cannot say if you were right or wrong to take her home. If you wanted her at home I hope you discussed this with her doctor because chances are if you didn't he may wash his hands of the whole affair and you may be looking for a new doctor at this stage in the game. Don't try to do it on your own. No matter how much family is involved it is going to be a very emotional roller coaster as she gets sicker and she will get very sick. Cancer is a horrible disease that no one should have to bear. At this point just be there for her. The main goal is comfort. GOD BLESS!
My Dad and I brought my Mom home from the hospital when she had pancreatic cancer. She was home for about 3 weeks before she passed. My Dad and I took care of her with help from hospice. The would come a couple of times a week, but more frequently as the end got near.





Hon, if your Mom wants to be home and you and your family can take care of her, have her home. She'll be more comfortable there than at the hospital and her family surrounding her at all times will help lift her spirits. I think you did the right thing.





If things progress and her pain is overwhelming to her, you may have to take her back to the hospital though. The hospital and hospice here taught my Dad and I how to take care of the machines and the IV's that my Mom needed when she got home.





My heart goes out to you and your family. You take care and be strong for your Mom.
being terminal, you did what you felt was best for your mother. Either way the outcome will be the same. If you and the family can handle it, why not keep her at home where her surroundings are familiar to her and she is most comfortable. God bless your mother, you, and your family my prayers are with you all.
I agree with the above answer, but remember, depending on how sick she is, she may not be stable enough to even make it to the car to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment