Saturday, August 21, 2010

Need advice. Mother thinks father is healed.?

Hello all. Please give advice if you can. My father has pancreatic cancer. It is untreatable and he is dealing with symptoms. Eventually, the will get worse and worse. However horrible this reality is, my family tries to keep positive and stay together.


I was not raised to be religious at all. Since my father was diagnosed my mother has turned to god which I think is great. I have too in my own way.


The problem is that my mother thinks my father has been healed by a miracle. I am not saying that this cannot happen. I just think my mother is denying it and she is setting herself up for some big dissapointment.


I go to healing mass with her and pray and listen and I am there for her as much as I can be. I am open minded to the fact that god can perform this miracle.


But, if he does not I need religious advice on what to do with my mom. Please help.Need advice. Mother thinks father is healed.?
I agree with Alex. People need to deal with the things that happen in life whatever way they can. It is a very difficult time for all of you, and you need to take care of yourself first. If you don't, you will be unable to help anyone else when the time comes that they are willing to accept your help. Reality has a way of becoming unavoidable, your mom will see what is happening, and very soon. This is a very virulent form of cancer, and it kills very quickly. My sister was diagnosed on March 23, and died on April 21 of this year. In the end all that mattered to her or to me was that we loved each other. That is what will matter to you too.Need advice. Mother thinks father is healed.?
I am very sorry to hear this. It is most sad and a difficult time for you and your family.





Your mother knows what is happening. The way she is coping is by seeking religion and believing that a miracle has occurred. But, deep down, she knows the situation.





And if worse comes to worse, your mom will find solace and comfort in God.





Let her be with her beliefs. Support her, like you are doing. The two of you will give each other strength.
I should imagine this is an awful situation for you honey and i am so very sorry. I think that you need to concentrate on your father and yourself at the moment and make the most of the time you have left together. don't worry about your Mum, she is dealing with the situation in her own way and will not appreciate anything you say on the subject. Stay non-committal but not confrontational. You will all have to deal with your grief in you own way when the time comes and then will be the time to comfort her.
Your mom has great Faith..Do not try to persuade her that she is wrong. It might help is she and you spend some time in private sessions with a priest....
You may not like this but religion IS a mental sickness and all who believe in any religion in any way are in fact mentally sick. You and your mother are delusional and need psychiatric help. You and your mother seem to be more concerned about yourselves than your father. Your father needs medical help.

No comments:

Post a Comment