Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who else appreciates their mother-in-laws parenting advice?

Not me!! I get so tired of my MIL being around. Once in a while is OK, but she comes around almost everyday. I can raise my own children. I don't need her to tell me what to do. Especially when she lets my 2 year old daughter do whatever she wants. I hate it when she babys her if she gets into trouble. How is my daughter going to learn to listen to me if Gran says it is OK?Who else appreciates their mother-in-laws parenting advice?
Not me. But.. my mother in law is a little loopy lol. I love her, so I just smile and nod and say 'Yeah I might try that thanks' or 'ohh thats a good idea but bubs seems to like my way best at the moment, but I'll remember your advice thanks!'


All of that makes her happy without me pulling my hair out and without her thinking that I don't appreciate her advice :)Who else appreciates their mother-in-laws parenting advice?
I appereciate her concern and her advice. My mother in law and I get along very good, but I must admit sometimes we bump heads on what we think is best for my children. My mother and I do as well. Though sometimes I don't agree with what they say...they teach me a lot about being a mother. But at the end of the day...my husband and I decide what is best for our children.
My MIL is quite cute about it, she is so aware that things are different now from when she became a parent... 40 years ago! She'll usually start with a disclaimer like ';...well the doctors USED to tell us...';. I love her to bits and could have done much, much worse.


Now my FIL... that is a horse of a different color to be sure. He makes me furious sometimes but my husband usually puts a quick stop to it.
I solicit my ex mother in laws parenting advice, she is the best mom i have ever met in my entire life and i am nothing but blessed to have her in our lives still.





She doesn;t give advice unsolicited at all, but will happily help with any problems i am having in regards to parenting, I have learned untold amounts of things from her.
Not me...!
I appreciate her wanting to help, but many of things that she comes up with are so outdated and are totally against what has been proven. It has been over 36 years since she had a child... a lot has changed. I just listen, nod my head and then do my own thing.
Not me!
Oh my gosh, I adore my mother-in-law! She must have done something right for you to fall in love with her child. Plus, it is just advice. You have to tell her ';thank you for your input and I will consider you opinion when I make the final decision.';

No comments:

Post a Comment