Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am a teen mom and would like some advice on being a good mother?

i just want the best for my new born and i am only 17 years old and am still just a child myself. i just want to give my daughter everything she deserves. all the advice you have for me would be amazing.I am a teen mom and would like some advice on being a good mother?
Well did you take parenting classes while you were pregnant?


I kind of think it is a little late to be worried about this since she is already born.


You should have taken some parenting classes.I am a teen mom and would like some advice on being a good mother?
I know how you feel i mean i got pregnant at 17 and reality didn't kick in until i had her and stuff. I was like in shock that i was pregnant and kinda in denial. But Motherly instincts come naturally don't stress about it. Just think of your baby first. Idc what people say it takes time for a person to become a good parent. My boyfriend was in denail that he was a dad for about 4 months. and then he came along. but you being the one who carried the baby will already be bonding with the baby. I highly recommend breastfeeding its amazing. Great bonding. i love it.


But congrats on the baby. Goodluck and you can message me whenever you have a question.





Why did i get a thumbs down? its true sometimes the teens are just in shock to realize that your actually a parent and its hard to accept that your sacrificing a lot for the baby but you'll come around. You might be one to automatically become a mother right that day
love her with all your heart and every thing will work out :)
If you have a mom, you can ask her. She knows best. Please, trust me on this. Moms know best.





Hope I helped and I hope you have a good day
I was 17 when I had my daughter. My advice is to take the advice of older moms, talk, join mommy groups and read every book you can find. You will be a good mom if you love your child! Believe in yourself.
Dont listen so much to other moms, they think they know everything. Listen to your doctors, etc, (I know I am somewhat contradicting myself on this but they will tell you everything from smoking is okay to you can feed a baby table food as soon as they come home from the hospital. *yes I've heard both* Truth is the best thing is to have confidence in yourself because you are perfectly capable of raising a baby regardless of your age.


I breastfeed and do attachment parenting. I recommend both, buy some books and figure out what is best for YOU.


***I cant believe people have the audacity to make rude comments then not bother to answer the question. Don't let them wenches get to you.
How bout you start by getting off the computer and playing with her?








Not trying to be mean, but just saying... I have seen way to many moms neglect their children because of the computer.
Being a good mother just means doing the best things for your children. There is no book on how to raise them, and every culture raises their children differently. You have a responsibility to protect your daughter to the best of your ability. Make sure she stays clean, fed, and keep her entertained with positive stimulation. Read to her as much as you can. Sing to her, and play with her. Give her lots of hugs and kisses. Tuck her into bed at night, and tell her you love her everyday. Children love to have their parents attention. Understand that as children get older, they will do things that you may not know how to deal with. Please ask for advice from a logical source. Learn to distinguish the good advice from the bad. *Note* everything does not work the same for every child. I hope this gives you some answers you have been searching for.
shouldn't you have thought this through WHILE you were pregnant?
I agree it was a dumb decision, but I'm also glad you chose to actually have the baby. I'm not a mom though, I'm only 16
Well...you seem like you honestly want to know, so I'll try to help.





I'm not the best person to answer this question, but I think that you should always treat your child with respect. You have to remember that they are a person too, even if they are tiny. And being a teen mom doesn't mean that you have any less responsibility than a middle-aged mom. You should never ignore your child; parenting takes patience. Especially when they're toddlers or teens. You should always push them to do their best; don't let them be lazy.





And it's a good thing that you accept that you are only a child yourself. That itself is taking a huge step.

No comments:

Post a Comment